Although a predominantly rural county, Huntingdon and the surrounding areas accommodate diverse educational organizations that are unlikely to be found in other comparable areas. With Huntingdon's long history comes an equally rich history of education. Overall, Huntingdon County holds 6 school districts (4 of which are completely within the county), 10 private schools, 4 charter and technical schools, and 3 colleges within the county. These include one of the top liberal arts colleges in the nation, an internationally recognized all-girls boarding school, and technical centers that open numerous career opportunities for high-school students and adults.
Public School Districts
- Huntingdon Area School District
- Juniata Valley School District
- Mount Union Area School District
- Southern Huntingdon County School District
- Tuscarora Blended Learning Charter
- New Day Charter School
- Calvary Christian Academy
- Grier School
- Huntingdon Christian Academy
- Huntingdon County Career and Technology Center
- South Hills School of Business and Technology
- YTI Career Institute
Below is data from the U.S. Census Bureau's 2010 and 2000 surveys. The total populations account for those over the age of 25.